We recognise our employees’ well-being is crucial for the business to succeed, so along with their personal development, we are committed to keeping them, the public and others safe.
Broadly our general policy follows the procedures and guidance provided by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974:
- To ensure employees are competent and have sufficient training to carry out their work
- To provide control of risks arising from our work activities both in the factory and on site
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances that may be hazardous to health
- Ensure ALL employees, contractors and sub-contractors conform to the procedures and guidance laid out In HSW74.
- To provide prompt corrective action in respect of accidents and near misses, and react quickly to trends both in-house and within the timber frame industry nationally.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Our policy statement is also available as a download here – H&S Policy.
DG Timber Solutions is a participant in a number of leading health and safety led assessments – see our accreditations page for more details.